Friday, December 5, 2014

Splatter!

Hello all!

Today I did 2 takes on splatter nails. On my left hand I did an actual splatter with acrylic paints and on the right hand I used a glitter topper to get a splatter effect. I had so much fun with these! I started with a basecoat and 2 coats of white polish on every nail. I used 'Snow Me White' from Sinful Colors, but any white is good.

On the left hand I used a set of acrylic paint I picked up at WalMart for around $3. This set has red, yellow, blue, white, brown, and black. Since this was my first time using acrylic paint on my nails, I thought I'd start with an inexpensive set with basic colors. Of course, since I like how it turned out, I can mix the primary colors to get more 'fun' color combinations!
 For this look, I used red, yellow, and blue paint for the splatter. I used a small amount of each paint and keeping them separate used a little bit of water to thin them out. Then I put down a couple of paper plates to help make clean up easier. I dipped a clean, old toothbrush into the thin paint (I started with yellow) and then kind of fanned the tooth brush with my thumb to 'spray' the paint onto my nail. I repeated that with each color I wanted to use. Once it was all dry, I added my topcoat. Finally to clean up all I had to do was wait for the topcoat to dry and then wash my hands. The acrylic paint came right off! Score one for easy clean up!
On my right hand I used another Urban Lacquer polish that I won in a giveaway. This is called Reply All and is a beautiful clear base with matte black and white glitter in fine, medium, and large circular sizes.

I used one coat on each nail. I don't have much experience with glitter polish so I probably could have gone a little more sparse for the 'best' splatter effect, but I'm still very happy with the final look!
Another 'easy' look, but I am a big fan of nail art that looks like you spent a lot of time on it, but is nice and easy to create :-)

I will be doing some holiday nail art soon, I promise! Until then, check out my new YouTube video featuring my nail polish collection and see what polishes I list as my favorites!

No comments:

Post a Comment