Monday, December 22, 2014

I'm back! And with a new holiday design!

Hello My Lovelies! I have missed you! I did get a lot of knitting done though. Unfortunately, I did not manage to get all my Christmas knitting finished, but I still have a couple days to try!

There are a few color combinations that I think just shout Christmas: red and green, blue and silver, red and gold, and green and white. What I have for you today is a lovely Christmas design done in red and gold.


 Polishes used from left to right are Sinful Colors 'Under 18', Kleancolor 'Gold Bright', Sinful Colors 'All About You', and Kleancolor 'Sugar Coat'. I also used a double base coat of Nutra Nail Strengthener and Beauty Secrets Base Coat and for topcoat I used Seche Vite.

After starting with base coat I put 2 coats of the red on both pinkies, middle fingers, and thumbs. I put the 'Gold Bright' on both index fingers and ring fingers. I also used the 'Gold Bright' to stamp the middle fingers with this scrolls and balls design from Bundle Monster plate 018 (their revised 2010 collection), which reminded me of wrapping paper.


Then I used red striping tape to mimic the ribbon on a Christmas present on my ring fingers and used the glitter gold from SC on the index fingers. The 'Sugar Coat' I used on my thumbs and pinkies. Then I placed a 1.5 mm clear rhinestone where the 'ribbon' meets on the ring finger and a trail of 2 mm red rhinestones down the gold glittered index finger. Last, but certainly not least, I covered everything with a generous amount of top coat to add some shine and seal in my embellishments.

I was really happy with how this design turned out! It was exactly how I had envisioned it. It was also my first time using the striping tape (which I bought on Amazon) and the rhinestones (which I bought from Born Pretty Store). I was very happy that they were easy to use.
Left Hand

Right Hand

Thank you all for reading, as always! It is good to be back and I will 'see' you on Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment