Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Christmas Eve Nails!!

       MERRY CHRISTMAS MERRY CHRISTMAS MERRY CHRISTMAS MERRY CHRISTMAS MERRY CHRISTMAS MERRY CHRISTMAS

 

Merry Christmas, Dear Readers! Now, I know not every faith celebrates Christmas and my intention is not to offend anyone. However, since I am writing this blog, I am greeting you with an appropriate greeting to my faith. That being said, I wish all of you reading best wishes and good cheer for whatever holiday you choose (or don't choose) to celebrate! This is the look I created for my Christmas Eve manicure! 



 From left to right, the colors I used are pictured above: Sinful Colors 'No Text Red', Sinful Colors 'Pine Away', Kleancolor 'Pearl Silver', Konad Special White Stamping Polish, and Kleancolor 'Silver Glitter'. I also used 2 stamping plates: Bundle Monster 014 and Winstonia W222.

I began with a thin coat of Elmer's glue on both thumbs and pinkies, since I knew I wanted glitter on those nails and the glue is supposed to act like a peel-off basecoat. This is my first time trying this so I will let you know how it worked out! Then I applied my regular basecoat as normal. I painted both pinkies, middles fingers, and thumbs with 2 coats of Kleancolor 'Pearl Silver'. Both  index fingers and ring fingers received 2 coats of the Sinful Colors 'Pine Away'. I gave it about 7 minutes to start drying and then applied a thin coat of Seche Vite fast dry top coat.



Then using the Winstonia plate and the Konad special white, I stamped the cute mitten design over the green polish. I had intended to put a christmas tree from the same stamping plate on my middle fingers, but I tried for about 5 minutes and just could not get my stamper to pick up that image (I tried a few different polishes and 3 different stampers too!). So I used the Bundle Monster plate and the holly 'n berries image instead and I like the way it came out! I stamped the whole image in the green and the used a small dotting tool and Sinful Colors 'No Text Red' to go over the berries. So cute!

Then I used 2 coats of the Kleancolor Silver Glitter over the thumbs and pinkies. Finally I sealed everything in with a generous coat of Seche Vite.

Left Hand

Right Hand

While the colors of this manicure may not be quite as 'eye-catching' as my red and gold look, I think the green is a perfect color for Christmas Eve. I hope you enjoyed this look as much as I enjoyed coming up with it and I hope you all have a wonderful holiday with family and friends!

        MERRY CHRISTMAS MERRY CHRISTMAS MERRY CHRISTMAS MERRY CHRISTMAS MERRY CHRISTMAS MERRY CHRISTMAS

No comments:

Post a Comment