Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Collection in Swatches # 2

Happy Wednesday! As promised, I have swatches of my collection for you today, specifically yellows and greens. Actually, when I break it down I only have 1 yellow. I have used another as a yellow orange before, but standing it alone today I realized it really belongs with the oranges, so I'm saving it for that post. Be warned that this is another picture-heavy posting.

Up first is my 1 lonely little yellow, LOL. This is Sinful Colors 1442 'Yellow Spotted'. Just looking at the bottle you get the impression of a bright, sunny shade. The pictures here are 5 coats with no topcoat. This is still not fully opaque, but I didn't want to keep layering because the polish was getting gloopy. The formula was nice for 2 or 3 coats so I would suggest layering this over white or something.
 It does have a gorgeous shimmery finish. As far as the color it really is a beautiful spring or summer shade. I am not a huge fan of yellow myself so I probably wouldn't wear it alone, but I love what it brings to a fun water marble design.

My second offering brings us into the green family. This is Sinful Colors 944 'Innocent'. I don't think I could say enough good things about the formula of this polish, it really was that good. And, it was a one-coater! In my experience, most lighter colors need 2-3 coats for full opacity, but not this one. I will say though that these pictures are 1 thick coat, no topcoat, so if you prefer thin layers of polish, you may need 2.
 Another beautiful Spring or Summer shade and this one I would wear on its own. It has a gorgeous cream finish and no streak-y-ness :-)

The next polish also comes from Sinful Colors, # 946 'Happy Ending'. This color reminds me of leprechauns and pots 'o gold! The pictures here are 3 coats, again no top coat.
 The formula was nice and thin. It does need the 3 coats because I found that 2 left it a bit patchy-looking. There is a subtle shimmer to this polish as well. Overall, I really like it.

Last, but actually my favorite of the bunch is Sinful Colors 1398 'Pine Away'. The pictures are 2 coats, no topcoat. The formula was perfect and very easy to apply.
 You can see on the bottle pic that there is a silver shimmer running through the polish. The effect that has on this beautiful, Christmas-green color is an almost foil-like appearance. However, unlike an actual foil polish, it doesn't show the brush strokes and unlike foils applied with glue, a topcoat won't wrinkle and destroy the shine. I heart this polish!

That's all for today! Let me know which one was your favorite down in the comments. Thanks for stopping by :-)

P.S. I will be out of town celebrating a belated Christmas and New Year's with my extended family so there will no new posts until next Wednesday. Stay safe this New Year's Eve and I'll see you in 2015!!







2 comments: