Hello Lovely Readers! I hope you all had a fabulous weekend! Mine was a little busy, but it had a nice ending: I found out I was nominated for Liebster Award! Much thanks goes to my little sister Mandie, from The Tasteful Texan for the nomination! So, let's learn a little more about the Liebster, shall we?
The Official Rules Of The Liebster Award
If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award AND YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT, write a blog post about the Liebster award in which you:
1. thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
2. display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”.
3. answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
4. provide 11 random facts about yourself.
5. nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 1000 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
6. create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
7. list these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
8. Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)
So, I suppose I should answer the questions that I was asked! This has the potential to be a lengthy post so I will try to keep it short and sweet for y'all.
1. How Long Have You Been A Blogger? I have been blogging since October of 2014, so almost 5 months.
2. If You Could Chose One Post From Your Blog To Brag About, Which Would It Be? (feel free to link it) I think I would choose Snow Day! because it was my first successful stamping manicure.
3. What Is Your Favorite Season And Why? Autumn! There are three reasons it is my favorite: the weather isn't too hot or too cold, that crisp, fresh scent of autumn air, and all the colors of fall with the changing leaves.
4. What Influenced Your Decision To Start Blogging? My brother and his wife lived with us for five years and my sister-in-love and I became very close. We shared a lot of the same interests. When they moved to a different city I had no one to talk to and blogging was my place to still share and talk about the things I love.
5. What Is The First Thing You Think Of When You Wake Up In The Morning? I'm supposed to think when I wake up???
6. Is The Glass Half-Empty Or Half-Full? I think it depends on how many half-glasses I get handed, LOL. I tend to be a naturally optimistic person, but there comes a point, if I get bad luck upon bad luck, where the optimism wears out.
7. Have You Ever Won A Trophy? Yes, I got a 1st place trophy in a kids bowling tournament when I was 11 or 12.
8. Do You Have A Favorite Food? Yes, food! Seriously though I would say either Italian or shrimp
9. If You Could Have Any Job/Career, What Would You Choose? Mystery writer!
10. Name Something You're Proud Of. Why? My nephew! Number one, he's adorable! And also, I don't have my own kids to be proud of and show off, LOL
11. What Is Your Favorite Thing About Your Blog? I like that it keeps me accountable about not biting my nails. Also I love that it is just a fun, hobby blog so I can have fun with it and with you lovely readers without taking myself too seriously :-)
********************************************************************************* 11 Random Facts About Me
1. I was a preemie, born 2 1/2 months early and weighing less than 4 pounds
2. The smell of mushrooms makes me nauseous
3. When I was 14, I had a bike accident and broke my jaw in three places. I have a metal plate in my jaw
4. My favorite subjects in school were English and History
5. I lived in Europe for 6 years; 3 in Frankfurt, Germany and 3 in London, England
6. I've been to 19 different countries, not counting the U.S.
7. The first time my husband asked me out I said no and we stayed "just friends" for 2 years before we started dating
8. I took piano lessons for almost 10 years and still enjoying playing when I can
9. I'm a HUGE Sci-Fi/Fantasy nerd!
10. I started cooking with my mom when I was 4. I love cooking, but only like to bake around the Thanksgiving/Christmas holidays
11. I love animals and have a Border Collie mix right now named Rusty. I've also had cats, guinea pigs, and fish in the past.
Again, a big thank you to Mandie for the nomination! Now go spread the love, discover some new blogs, and nominate! I'll see you back here on Wednesday for the next color in my Collection in Swatches series!