Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Fall Inspired French Tip Skittle Nails

Hello Lovely Readers!

I'm sure you've noticed by now that I am on a fall colors 'kick'. I think its because fall is my favorite season and we don't have much of one here is Texas, so I miss it. (Don't me wrong, Texas is home and I have plenty of state pride!) For today's look, I went with an imaginative take on trees and their changing colors. The brown nails represent the tree trunk and the different colored french tips represent the changing leaves. This was my first time painting french tips and I will think I will give myself a respectable 7 out of 10!

I started out with a basecoat, as always, followed by a 2 coats of my base color which was Sally Hansen Insta-Dry in 'Slick Slate'. This is a very pigmented polish, so you could probably get away with one coat, but my application was a little patchy so I used two.

Once that was completely dry, I blocked off my tips using those little hole punch reinforcement labels. Then I applied 2 coats of my tip color and removed the label with tweezers while the polish was still wet. The colors I used were Sinful Colors 'Anchors Away' (yellow), Sinful Colors 'Happy Ending' (green), and Sally Hansen Hard as Nails 'Die-Hard Fan' (orange). I let that dry for a few minutes and then added my top coat for some extra shine and to seal in the design. Here are my finished results. What do you think of these french tip skittle nails? Let me know in the comments! As always, thank you for reading and take care til next time!
Left hand

Right hand


No comments:

Post a Comment